Tuesday 15 January 2013

Start the new year with a new project

As many of you know  I am an expat quilter and moving around is not a new experience for me. My recent move to Myanmar however has given me some difficulties with my quilting as my accommodation is not so large and usually when i quilt i tend to have a room to myself to make a mess in. So i need a project to stimulate me and challenge me. I have been selling Jacqueline de Jonge patterns for sometime but have never made one of her quilts.  I have a copy of her DVD telling you all about how to make the Happiness quilt  and I thought that i would make it and report on it in my blog and let you know all about my trials and tribulations if there are any. So today was the start.  I did not want to use the pattern sheet so i traced my pattern using freezer pattern. ( Yes i know  i sell Jacqueline foundation pattern but i don't have any with me here, supplies i brought with me are sparse). One of the tips on the DVD was instead of trying to draw the circles with a solid line use a dash instead this was so much easier. So first tip was a good one. So today i have successful traced three of the patterns needed i thought i would do the others once i need them and then i started to look for my fabric. Will tell you about that tomorrow,

No comments:

Post a Comment